What is SCRIP? Watch this short video produced by our Middle School IT Class!
Through the Scrip program, purchases you make of gift cards for groceries, gas, restaurants, home improvement, gift giving and more result in revenue for our PTO and other school areas. You don’t sell gift cards, only buy, and the money you use is already factored into your family’s budget. Most stores and online merchants are included in the program.
Once a family purchases enough cards to earn $100 in profit for PTO, 75 % of any profit earned during the remainder of the year is directed toward the program of your choice, including the Tuition Rebate Program (TRP), the Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund, the general PTO fund, or the athletic department. Scrip’s fiscal year runs from June 1 – May 31, and all profit totals start at zero at the beginning of each fiscal year.
How much can you earn for Saint Brigid School through Scrip?
Each participating merchant offers a specific percentage in profit from their gift cards. Here is one example:
- $100 Speedway (4 %profit)
- $200 Meijer (3 % profit)
- $50 Big Apple Bagels (10% profit)
If you were to purchase this amount of Scrip, the revenue generated for Saint Brigid would be $15.00. Of this revenue, $11.25 would go toward TRP (or the designation of your choice), and $3.75 would go toward our PTO. You would earn much more than this for the school by purchasing cards like these on a weekly basis for your family.
More Information About Scrip
- What is Scrip?
- Which retailers participate?
- How can I purchase Scrip?
- Relatives and friends, parishioners
- Scrip Tuition Rebate Program and profit designation
- Scrip Order Form Updated Nov 2018
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money.” When you purchase Scrip, you’re purchasing gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use Scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, gasoline, clothing, home improvement, restaurants and online merchandise. With every purchase, you earn revenue for both Saint Brigid Catholic School and for your tuition.
Scrip is “Shopping Cart Fundraising”
Scrip is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Saint Brigid Catholic School families and parishioners produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts — even gasoline — can be purchased with Scrip.
How Scrip Generates Revenue for Saint Brigid
The Great Lakes Scrip Center acts on behalf of churches, schools and other nonprofit organizations to purchase large amounts of Scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the Scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Saint Brigid Catholic School buys the Scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates or cards to families like yours for full face value. The difference between the discount we receive and purchase price you pay is our profit. Scrip is Saint Brigid Catholic School PTO’s primary general fundraiser and directly benefits the classrooms and school community.
Many local, national, and online retailers participate in Scrip. For a full listing of participating Scrip retailers, visit www.shopwithscrip.com and click on “Shop.” There are 1,000s of local and national merchants available.
- Look by Category – First column is the retailer, second column is the denominations available and the third is the percentage they donate
- Look Alphabetically – First column is the retailer, second column is the denominations available and the third is the percentage they donate
- Online: Scrip can be purchased online at www.shopwithscrip.com. Simply log on to the website, create an account (please contact the school at 989-835-9481 to obtain our school code), and place your order. Place your order by Tuesday morning at 8:00 a.m., and we’ll have it ready for you on Friday afternoon. Just come into school to sign for your order. If you have a Saint Brigid School student in After School Care, your order will be available when you pick up your child. You can pay for your order online using PrestoPay ™ (see www.shopwithscrip.com for more details). You can also pay via cash or check and drop it off during Scrip to Go times or anytime in the school office
- Smartphone Mobile Scrip: On your smartphone, visit the website www.myscripwallet.com and add it to your phone’s home screen. Log into myscripwallet.com to buy Scrip instantly using PrestoPay™ while in stores and restaurants, and have the Scrip delivered straight to your phone to use right away — or save until later.
- Paper Form: You can fill out an order form, and drop the form off along with your payment, and send them to the school with your Saint Brigid student. You may also drop the form off in the school office before 8:00 a.m. on Tuesday mornings. Your order will be available for pick up on Friday.
- Scrip to Go: Scrip can also be purchased during Scrip to Go times, which during the school year includes Mondays and Fridays from 2:45-3:15 p.m.
The Scrip cards normally in stock include:
- American Kitchen
- Big Apple Bagels
- Bob Evans
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Burger King
- Espresso Milano
- Grand Traverse Pie Co.
- Little Caesar’s
- Logan’s Steakhouse
- Noodles & Company
- Old City Hall
- Olive Garden
- Panera Bread
- Papa John’s
- Pizza Hut
- Qdoba Mexican Grill
- Red Lobster
- Ruby Tuesday
- Taco Bell
- Tavern 101
- Tim Horton’s
- Barnes & Noble
- Bath & Body Works
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Family Fare
- Firehouse Car Wash
- Family Video
- Gordon Food Service
- Home Depot
- Jack’s Fruit Market
- JoAnn Fabric
- Pat’s Food Center
- Sally Beauty Supply
- Ulta Beauty
Additional Notes on Purchasing
Relatives and friends are welcome to buy Scrip and can have their profit directed to profit total of either a specific family, or the school in general. They will register the same way as a school family, but in order for a specific family to receive profit credit, please enter the family’s full name in the “student name” field during the registration process.
When you have purchased your order and are checking out, there is a “memo” field to complete before fully placing your order. Please fill out the family’s name in this location, as well. This will help ensure your order is credited toward the family you designate.
Saint Brigid Catholic School’s Tuition Rebate Program (TRP) is an incentive program that benefits both Saint Brigid’s classrooms and the families of our students. Profits realized through Scrip gift card sales are directed to the PTO general fund and distributed to teachers for use toward classroom expenses and activities not covered by the school’s annual budget. Scrip profits are also used for “specials” classes (art, band, Spanish, gym) and the principal’s discretionary fund.
Once $100 in profit has been earned by a family for PTO, 75 % of all future profit earned is automatically eligible to be refunded as the family wishes: either toward their tuition and/or fees, toward the Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund OR toward the general PTO fund. A completed Profit Designation Form is required in order to participate.
For those families who choose to have their profits refunded to their own tuition and/or fees, refunds will automatically be dispersed quarterly directly toward tuition, with the final TRP payout being refunded after the end of the school year. Please see your monthly tuition invoice for TRP refund information. If tuition has been paid in full, any outstanding TRP refund can be carried over to the next school year, donated to Saint Brigid programs, or mailed in the form of a check.
Relatives and/or friends of school families, as well as general Saint Brigid parishioners, can choose to designate their profits toward a specific family, with total profits accumulating on behalf of that family throughout the fiscal year.
If Scrip is ordered online through www.shopwithscrip.com, the shopper must make note of the recipient family’s name where TRP profits should be directed. Visit www.shopwithscrip.com → My Account → Change Profile/Password to add your family name under “Student Name.”
If no Profit Designation Form is submitted, Scrip profits will be automatically directed to Saint Brigid’s PTO general fund.
If the family leaves Saint Brigid School, any unused TRP balance may be refunded to the family via check. To obtain a refund, the family must place a written request to the Scrip coordinator requesting any unused balance. Please allow four to six weeks for processing. If no request for funds is placed before the end of the fiscal year (June 30), the unused TRP balance for that family will automatically be donated to the Guardian Angel Scholarship Fund.
Questions? Please contact Principal Laura Wilkowski at 989-835-9481 ext.49