Saint Brigid Catholic School teaches kindergarten through eighth grade, helping build a strong foundation for academic, physical and spiritual growth. The religious components of our programs are rooted in Catholic teachings, but students of any faith and denomination are welcome.
Saint Brigid Catholic School is part of the educational system established by the Diocese of Saginaw, with a core curriculum that is aligned with state standards and developed by the Saginaw Diocese Office of Education and includes religion, language arts (reading, writing, phonics, and spelling), science, social studies, and math. Students also receive instruction in Spanish, information technology, art, physical education, vocal music, and band. Additional programs that provide knowledge and growth for students and are included in our core curriculum include:
- D.A.R.E. – a program in collaboration with the Midland Police Department that teaches students how to “just say no” to drugs, alcohol, violence, and smoking
- Junior Achievement – a volunteer-led program that fosters work-readiness, entrepreneurship, and financial literacy skills
- Child Lures Prevention Program – assists in protecting students, both offline and online
The sharing and development of our Catholic faith, traditions, and values are taught in formal lessons and incorporated into the academic curriculum and daily activities. Students join together in the Circle of Prayer daily in the classroom and monthly as a full student body, and attend Mass each Wednesday, with each grade rotating responsibility for Mass ministries. Students also attend other prayer and church services and programs throughout the school year.
All Middle School students take the following core subjects:
- Language Arts
- Math (includes advanced math as needed)
- Social Studies
- Western Hemisphere (sixth grade)
- Eastern Hemisphere (seventh grade)
- American History (eighth grade)
Middle School Elective courses include:
- Spanish I & II
- Band I & II
- Public Speaking
- Creative Writing
- Life Skills
- Healthy Habits
- Physical Education
- Math Lab
A part-time reading specialist and tutors work with students who read below their grade level. When time permits, they also work on enrichment activities with students. Certified speech and occupational therapy are also available on-site.
Typical School Day and Times: 7:55am-3:00pm
Our forms and policies page contains our uniform policy and other resources for students and parents.