Today’s teens need concrete models to demonstrate vividly what it means to follow Jesus. In other words, disciples make disciples.
Youth Ministry at Saint Brigid Catholic Church understands that discipleship is a process. A process we take seriously. Our comprehensive youth ministry program spirals with many different type of events and activities to cultivate three primary stages in developing young disciples… sowing the seed (preparing young people to consider the gospel by demonstrating Christ’s love and proclamation of the good news), nurturing for growth (firmly establishing and building up faith) and fruitful phase (sending off to build up the church & serve the world). When seeking to call God’s youth to discipleship, we must recognize that any growth that takes place is the work of God, and we must be patient, but persistent!
About Our Programs
Click on any of the tabs to learn more.
Middle School meets at Blessed Sacrament Parish on Sunday evenings from 6-8pm
Sunday evening YM small groups work to foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person. We provide opportunities to experience belonging, to enjoy fellowship with peers, to explore teen topics, to work together for justice and peace, to pray together, to come to know the work of God, to worship and celebrate together. MS events are also scheduled on other days with the parish community, MACY (Midland Area Catholic Youth) and with the Diocese.
Middle School Faith Formation Takes Place at Blessed Sacrament.
High School meets on Sunday evenings (see below).
The high school weekly program seeks to foster a personal relationship between each participant and God, and with the Catholic Church. Through small group discussions, prayer, fellowship, food and other activities, participants grow in faith and in friendships with other Catholic teenagers in the Midland area. HS events are also scheduled on other days in the parish community, MACY (Midland Area Catholic Youth), and with the Diocese.
At Saint Brigid Church on Sunday evenings, following the 5:30 Mass until 8 or 9:00, we will take a look at the Scripture readings for the following week and discuss them, and from 8-9pm we will go a little deeper and get more personal with the readings.
COME TO “THE ZONE!”
The Youth Center is located in the basement of the Parish Office Center of Saint Brigid Church, 207 Ashman Street. It is open to all MACY (Midland Area Catholic Youth) and their friends. This is a place to come to see friends, do homework, play or just “Zone out”. Come for free coffee, smoothies, “Soda Stream”, snacks and great fellowship.
HOURS: 3-6:00pm (Open on Tuesdays and Thursdays on FULL days of school)
If you would like to help with any of these, please contact Melissa Shields at 835-7121 ext 50
There are several fundraising opportunities you can help with. If you are interested in volunteering please contact Melissa Shields.
Currently we are fundraising for March for Life and NCYC 2017
Youth Ministry Current Events, News & Specials
For more information on any of these events please contact our leaders of faith formation by clicking here.
- Midland Mini Y.E.S - midland mini yes Midland Mini Y.E.S will help prepare middle school students for service work in the world. This three day service experience will allow them to dig deeper into Continue Reading...
- 2018-19 FF Registration Form - Print, fill out and return to the Faith Formation Office in the school or Faith Formation Office in the parish office. 2018-19 FF Registration Form
- Middle School Volunteer Hours - Our middle school students volunteer their time and talent to various places in the community and parish. This school year, they have acquired 657 volunteer hours. These hours are time spent outside of the Continue Reading...
- Y.E.S.: Youth Encounter Service – Summer - This week-long service camp and immersion experience gives high school students an opportunity to learn about and fight poverty, while reaching out to the poor. Each June, youth spend five Continue Reading...
- December 31 Youth Ministry News & Events - Middle Schoolers, save the date: Saturday, March 10, 2018. It is the Diocesan Middle School retreat and will be here at Saint Brigid. More information is forthcoming. 8th graders and high schoolers, Continue Reading...
This form will go to Melissa Shields and Anne Marie Graham, as they are the leaders of the faith formation program.